Thứ Năm, 24 tháng 3, 2011

Making Garden of Calamity Fabric Flowers


This week I have spent some time making flowers. It seems like such a zen process once I get my mind in the right place.

It's difficult to sit still for long periods and not be at the sewing machine or spinning wheel. I have so much to do and it seems like these flowers take so much time. I cut each circle from tulle, chiffon or organza and as the candle's flame melts each edge I do become tranquil and mellow.


The rhythm of the movement and repetitive motion is comfortable and sometime I stick myself with the needle or burn my finger and that wakes me right up! But as I construct each flower, layer by layer, petal by petal I have time to think about other things I want to make and my mind drifts and daydreams.
spring flowers
Next week I will be showing a fairy gown I am working on for my Surface Design Guild's Fashion Show and I think I will make a crown with flowers as well as a pair of wings. I made a few smaller roses to turn into a neck piece to wear with the gown and I have findings to make matching earrings. will be so pretty and dainty
I think I need some darker green chiffon for leaves and maybe a butterfly on there would be nice.
mint and lavender
So that's what I've been up to- along with taking walks and bouncing on my new mini trampoline. Yes, really! It's fun and a great way to get your heart rate going! The weather outside is so nice and the sunshine is warm and lovely. I feel like going to the beach but I have to "grow some flowers". I don't run a sweat shop- I run a hot house!!! Yes- I'm hysterical I know!

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét